Section C: Job information
Captured in this section of the personal file is:
- Non-disclosure and/or Confidential Agreement, attached as Annexure C (1).
- Rules and Regulations of the school, attached as Annexure C (2).
- A copy of the job description, is attached as Annexure C (3).
The Non-disclosure and or Confidential Agreement forms part of the section and is very important, covering/protecting the school against; – Annexure C (1)
- Staff not leaving the school opening his/her own nursery school.
- Staff using learning material, ideas, and or other plans for themselves and or giving it/using it at other schools.
Each school should implement its own rules and regulations document; – Annexure C (2)
The employee should familiarize him/herself with the contents thereof, sign the copy, and the original copy should then be captured in this section of the personal file.
A copy of the document should always be in the staff member’s position, ensuring that he/she obeys the school’s rules and regulations.
Such a document should consist of the following:
- The mission and vision of the school.
- The rules at the school.
- Working hours.
- Overtime arrangements.
- Dress code.
- Smoking rules.
- Usage of cell phones during working hours.
- Handling of learners.
- Handling of parents etc.
- Relationships amongst employees
- The rules around social media etc.
The rules and regulation document are very important because this is what the school requires from the individual and how he/she should behave within the school environment. This document is crucial if disciplinary action is to be taken against a staff member.
A copy of a draft document, capturing the school’s rules and regulations is attached hereto. Please ensure you complete your list of rules, that suits your specific needs.
The Job Description form should be given to the employee to complete; – Annexure C (3)
He/she should list the daily tasks and what exactly is required from him/her daily. Once completed, the employer and employee should discuss the tasks, and agree on what is to be done and what is not. The final document should then be signed by both parties and a copy given to the employee. This document is a working document and should be completed/updated when the staff member’s responsibilities are changed and or altered. Once changed the document should be updated/altered and when signed by both parties, the employee will be entitled to his/her copy.